Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2007 fashions repeating again in 2008?



Maybe it is just me or does it seem like the style in 2007 is now repeating this year? As I am flipping through the pages of my 2007 magazines, I notice that a lot of the designer ads and fashion spreads have the same clothes that are now beginning to come popular this year. Look at this Juicy Couture ad. She is wearing 4 things that I had on my list for 2008 fashions, but this is a 2007 ad. She is wearing plaid, fur, punk femininity, and gloves. Then look at this fashion spread in a Teen Vogue issue August 2007. In all of the pages
on this spread they show those zipper booties with scrunched socks, which was a big hit on the runway this season. Fashion just never seems to have a new twist, it all just repeats itself. Does anyone agree with me on this?


3 comments:

Fashion Addict said...

Fashion is like a cycle, but it usually changes so the next season isn't exactly the same, but it wouldn't be that uncommon if a few of last year's trends still stay in this year...

I like your blog and I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with me, so please contact me when you have the time!

Tori said...

I understand that it have some of the same styles. The style still look the same to me. Like fashion is at a stand still right now.

The Beauty Mum said...

Totally agree! It's all revivals of stuff we've seen before - Denim! Dresses! Florals! Geometric Prints! YAWN. Or else it's the 50s! 60s! 70s! 80s! Even the nineties. What's going to happen in ten years? They won't be able to do a noughties revival as we haven't invented anything original.